Welcome to Colorado Springs Daily Photo!


Hi, I'm Tamera, a professional wedding, portrait and boudoir photographer in Colorado Springs. But this blog isn't about my professional work; no, it's a daily love note to my beautiful city, where I've lived for most of my life. I love it here and I hope you enjoy seeing Colorado Springs through my eyes and lens!

*ALL CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS COPYRIGHT COLORADO SPRINGS DAILY PHOTO. This is not a stock photography site. Please do not copy, save, "screen grab" or otherwise appropriate or steal any images or text. Reproduction without my written permission is prohibited. Please contact me if you are interested in buying a print.*

10 October 2017

719 Rocks!


There's a fun little movement around here called "719 Rocks!", and basically it involves painting uplifting, inspiring or just fun messages or motifs on rocks and hiding them anywhere in the 719 area code. Whoever finds your rock will be pleasantly surprised, and it might even make their day. I was doing some senior portraits in Monument Valley Park a few weeks ago and my client and I found this one. What a nice thing to come across! I posed him with the rock in his hands, then we put it back where we found it.

I love this idea so much! I've been aware of the group for some time, but since I'm terrible at being a "joiner," it took me until this blog post to want to become a part of it too (which is just dumb, because many, many of my friends have been in on it for ages already). If you're in the area and want to participate or just follow along, you can find 719 Rocks! right HERE.

4 comments:

Jackie McGuinness said...

On a recent road trip I found painted rocks in Cheyenne WY, Rapid City SD and Rochester MN
I got home and found two right here in Toronto.

Kate said...

It's an important message!

William Kendall said...

I have heard of this idea in other places.

Lois said...

We have a similar group here called "Tallahassee Rocks". My grandkids love finding, hiding and painting them!